sathwet@gmail.com

Melbourne, VIC, Australia
I’m specialized in Microsoft technologies and information security. I always willing to ride an extra mile to help the IT community sharing my past experience and technical knoladge.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Remote Desktop is not connecting

I found an issue some times remote desktop is not connecting telling about a network error. When i check on the event viewer i found "The RDP protocol component "DATA ENCRYPTION" detected an error in the protocol stream and has disconnected the client."

I managed to get this sorted with

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323497

  1. Start Registry Editor.
  2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters
  3. Under this registry subkey, delete the following values:
    • Certificate
    • X509 Certificate
    • X509 Certificate ID
  4. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the server.

No comments: